Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Main Level Bathroom Update.

I'm finally at a good stopping place with this room, my friends.  Check her out:



This is a very small space...hard to photograph accurately, but hopefully you get the idea.

There's still plenty more that needs to be done (which I'll list out at the end of this post), but for now, I'm out of inspiration to continue doctoring this room.  

I would like to stencil the walls, and even made a valiant attempt using a gold sharpie, but I wasn't impressed with the end result:


So, I painted over the design, hung up the mirror and called it a day.  The inspiration will hit me one day, and, when it does, I'll be ready.  Until then, guess it's time to move on to the kitchen cabinets.

But before I take off, I'd like to leave you with a few infamous before pics (mostly so I can feel good about the progress that I have made so far).





Oh, and a list of what has been completed vs. what I would like to make happen in the future (subject to change, of course):

Completed

  • Removed wallpaper
  • Primed and painted walls
  • Smoothed out ceiling
  • Removed tile border
  • New light fixture
  • New mirror
  • Painted and glazed vanity
  • Spray painted all hardware bronze (vanity handles, vent cover, and outlet cover plate)
Still To Come
  • New faucet (already ordered)
  • Wood trim to border the floor
  • Paint the door and window (an off-whitish color, maybe)
  • More potpourri or decor for the basket that's resting on the toilet

Wish List
  • Light gold stencil (trying to find something that doesn't border on making this room look too busy)
  • Add a roman shade (still going back and forth on this one.  Currently, a "half shutter" shields the outside world from viewing my guest's goods...so, installing a shade will be easier on the eyes, but may be an annoyance for one of my more modest guests to have to lower every time he/she has to use the bathroom.  Guess we'll see what happens.  Actually, who am I kidding?  This decision will fall on me finding the perfect fabric.  If said fabric is found, all logic is out the window.  The shade is getting made.  At least I'm honest).



No comments:

Post a Comment